Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Started working on plumbing the pump to the Hydro Buckets. Still have not found a way to mount the water filter that I like yet. Going to stop at Lowes tomorrow and buy some 3/4 inch plastic pipe hangers and give them a try. Did completed running 1/2 inch PVC between the buckets with two 1/4 inch feeds to each bucket. The forecast calls for thunderstorms tomorrow night. So most likely I have to wait til Thursday night to mount the filter.
I been using the cheap end caps that should be glue into place. Which I didn't do, so the caps could be removed for easy cleaning of the tubes. This results in water leaking from the caps once the plants get larger. So this season I replace them with pressure testing caps. When you turn the wing nuts clockwise, a rubber gasket expands making a air tight seal. Turn them counter clockwise, the cap becomes loose and removeable. Lowes sell them for approx. $6.00 each.