Monday, July 27, 2009

Strawberries Plants Replaced

Strawberries crowns never took, so I pull them out. Just finished replacing them with flowers I got from lowes for 6 cent apiece. The two impatients were put in with the strawberries crowns orginally, that why their so large. I m amazed that they are doing so good, for being shade plants. That are in direct sunlight for 8 hours a day.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Little Giant Pump Installed

When my local hydroponic store and ask them about the little giant. They said it was a little on the expensive side, but one of the most reliable pumps they carry. So I purchase one and installed it today.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Low Water Press With New Pump

After putting in the new pump, I now notice all the 1/4 inch feed lines have barely any water coming out. The old pump only had a output of 210 GPH, where as the new pump has an output 300 GPH. The only other different between the pumps was that the new one could pump to a height of 8 feet and the old one only 3 feet. In my setup, I only need to pump to a height of 2 feet. Any way, I going to put another pump in this coming weekend. Did some checking with other folks. They all recommended getting a the little giant pump.

Sunday, July 12, 2009


During my late evening check, I found the pump on Hydro buckets unit one wasn't running. Lucky me was that Home Depot was still open. Installed a new pump and was back up and running. All the 1/4 inch lines had to be cleaned to get the water flowing smoothly through them again.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Some Current Picture Of The Hydro Buckets

Rhubarb coming along nicely.
Close up of the zucchini forming.

Over all picture of the Hydro Buckets.

The Recovering NFT Tubes

This is now the NFT main system looks as of today. You can see where I removed four plants from. The blue bucket in the center of the photo, houses the air pump to keep it dry from rain. I am really surprize how well the plant have recovered from past heat wave we had.